Friday, October 03, 2008

Interbike 08: Expo Day 2 - Continued

Giant TRC Advanced SL
Besides the beautiful new Anthem X, Giant had a lot going on in their road line-up, as well. Most notable (and eye-catching) was the new TCR Advanced SL. Giant has done a ton of tweaking with this frame and has, what they think, a wonderful superbike here. It's light, stiff, and oh so beautiful. While many companies are stealing design cues from each other--such as the bold graphics on the TCR Advanced SL here--I happen to like the looks of them so it doesn't bother me. Here are some shots.



Of course, they've revamped the rest of the line, also, but for some strange reason, my camera kept taking pictures of the Advanced SL. I need to get that thing fixed.


eecycle Works eebrake
While perusing the wonder bikes in and around the Edge booth, I found this brake from eecycle Works adorning a few ultra-light road bikes. As usual, I assumed they would be light, but worthless. Once I grabbed the brake lever, I was surprised by the solid feel. Here's a link to the site for more information.



Mysterious Mavic carbon-spoked wheels
Okay, this caught me off guard. We were passing through the Clif booth for the 1000th time and I stopped to take a look at a couple of the Team Luna bikes they had on display. "What in the world?" I said, as I noticed these wheels:



In case you can't tell by the photos, those spokes are much larger (in diameter) than those on Mavic's R-Sys. Also, although Mavic elected not to use the carbon spokes in the 2x drive side of the R-Sys, these use carbon spokes in a cross pattern. Although they were labeled with Mavic's SSC logo, that's the only label I could find on them.

Mavic, if you stumble upon this page, please give us more information about these wheels!

No comments: