Tuesday, January 23, 2007

106 Watts

So, what does 106W of LED light look like?

It looks like this:

That's 15 lights with a total of 31 individual LEDs, the least powerful of which is 3W. From the side, they look like this -- toned down so the individual lights are identifiable.

Starting on the left you see the Big Dinotte, Lupine Wilma, CatEye Triple Shot, Triple Shot Pro, Princeton Tec Switchback 3, BR Lights C2, Exposure Lights Enduro Turbo, Double Shot, Double Shot Pro, Switchback 2, Nite Hawk K2, Dinotte 5W, Dinotte Ultra 3, Joystick and, lastly, NiteRider's MiNewt. This is what the set up looked like:

I used a Canon Eos Rebel -- in full manual mode -- to take the pictures.

5 comments:

Dave said...

That does it, I’m going to go and buy myself some nice wide handlebars…

What a classic, you’ve made my day James!

Dave.

Stephen O. said...

With this lighting setup and 20 or 30 Delta AirZounds, I might finally be able to get a driver's attention. ;-)

Tomas_Quinones said...

Big DiNotte? Where is this light and why haven't I heard of it?

-DiNotte UltraLight 5 Lover

Stephen O. said...

Any brighter and I think you'd have set those trees on fire ;-)

James Sharp said...

Thomas, read back to some of my posts in the last few months, or do a quick search for DiNotte and it'll show up. The big light isn't on their webpage yet, and the particular light that I have is a preproduction model.